Mnemba despite the astronomical price was incredible, one of the most beautiful places we’ve been and with brilliant food and service, our butler Rajab was brilliant, we absolutely loved it and would love to go back. Probably in about 20 years when we’ve saved up enough again.
Staying on Mnemba was the perfect way to end our holiday. Even though it’s probably over priced for the standard of the accommodation (I’m glad we got two free nights in our deal !) you’re paying for the peace, isolation and privacy. We were looked after very well by the island manager, Peter and had a truly delightful butler, Tunaimi who was permanently cheerful and nothing was ever too much trouble for him……….he would actively look for things to do for us. I would highly recommend people to ask for him if staying at Mnemba. He was clearly the best butler.
The lodges, the people, the game viewing, the food and Mnemba to finish with! You guys really are good at what you do. We are seriously thinking of taking our daughter ( 17) back to East Africa in February. If we do and if she wishes to then we will, we will only use you. Well done to everyone at Tanzania Odyssey and at CC Africa who did you proud.
- I believe the road situation is far better than it used to be. Apparently a large hotel chain (yet to be disclosed) are building some metropolis on the coast just up from where the boat departs for Mnemba. I think this is a positive, as the hotel will have little impact on Mnemba and they are paying for a decent rd! The really bumpy stretch is now under 20 mins…
- They are very pushy about completing a diving refresher course. This was slightly annoying as they charge $135 for it per person and it takes about 10 mins!! If you have clients going in the future who hope/intend to dive I highly recommend that they do this in a pool in London before they go and save themselves the $$!
- We had room 1, which is perfect for honeymooners as it is at the end of the beach.
- I know you have been recently, so there is probably not much more to add re Mnemba. I will mention however that we had the most extraordinary diving with dolphins experience and saw sea turtles hatch. Quite wonderful!
- Oh, and the BANDAS!! They are unbelievable. We spent about 5 hours a day in our banda. I can’t imagine what it was like before them… new addition this year apparently.